Sponsor: Artifex Mundi
CEEGS 2015, held at the Jagiellonian University in Kraków, aims to integrate the community of Central and Eastern European game scholars and professionals and serve as a platform for scientific exchange and networking. The conference is a continuation of the event created by the Masaryk University, aiming to establish a platform for games studies scholars from and beyond the region and facilitating the emergence of a unique perspective into the international area of game studies. Read CEEGS Statute here »
The main theme of this year’s event is “Distributed Game Studies”, a concept coined basing on the term “Distributed Computing” which originates from computer science. We think that the communication (and cooperation) between individual, decentralized components of distributed systems, which results in integration, may constitute a productive paradigm of research concerning regional game studies. We plan to put the conference presentations together into multiple panels, each of them related to a different question and conceptualized using various features of the distributed systems (such as: resource sharing, fault tolerance, concurrency etc.).
- CEEGS Organizing Committee, International
- Faculty of Polish Studies, Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland
- Institute of Audiovisual Arts, Faculty of Management and Social Communication, Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland
- Centre for Advanced Studies in the Humanities, Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland
- Deparment of Media Studies and Journalism, Faculty of Social Studies, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
- MU Game Studies association, Brno, Czech Republic
- Faculty of Social Sciences, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
- School of Media and Audiovisual Culture, University of Łódź, Poland
- NetCoGame GamefulLiving Research Center Nonprofit Ltd., Budapest, Hungary
- Department of Cultural Studies, Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
More information coming soon.